Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Musical Monday ~ Grati-Tuesday

Happy Tuesday! What a gorgeous day in NH. I hope you were able to enjoy a bit of the beautiful sunshine either this morning or afternoon.  T'was a little gift from Mother Nature to lull us before tonight's predicted snow.
 
Your response to the "Experiment" is delightful! :) Love the discussions both at the center and reading/responding to your posts on FB.  Athena Henchey, one of my fabulous Jazzercise babysitters, took an idea from pinterest to help her visualize her daily tasks and RAK's.  Super!
 
  
By engaging the power of music, yesterday's assignment was meant to take some of the Manic out of your Monday. :) As reported in a recent study conducted by the University of Missouri and published in the Journal of Positive Psychology...
 
“We found that people were successful at raising their positive mood as long as the music they listened to was happy and upbeat.” ~Dr. Yana Ferguson
 
Neurological studies of music on the brain indicate that we're hardwired to react emotionally to music.  Benefits can range from the reduced stress to increased happiness.  Music may even be the most potent happiness trigger because it feeds a way to build social bonds.  When in a room with those who like the same music you do, friendships can blossom, which results in more happiness! So... how 'bout a lil...
 
...Music, Maestro, Please!  I'd love to hear what songs you picked in the comments below.  My Pandora Pick is a station based on an old jazz standard, Polka Dots & Moonbeams.  Here's the John Coltrane Version...
 
 
 
Moving on to Today ... Grati-Tuesday! Oh those 2 little magical words. 
 
The daily challenge:
"Find a reason to smile & say 'Thank You' to everyone you come in contact today. Notice and appreciate those around you."

This task would be a piece of cake for my Mother. She is the quintessential picture of politeness and charm.  My husband, on the other hand, he likes to say he doesn't discriminate, he hates EVERY-body.  Like you, I fall somewhere between these 2 extremes. 

While I'm not exactly face to face with you... I'd like to say Thank YOU for reading this blog. I appreciate the time you're taking to participate in the Experiment to be happier and healthier, inside & out!



 Tomorrow? Snow & Planking



2 comments:

  1. Every single time I attend class, it doesn't matter if I had the worse day ever. All the PoSiTiVe energy from all the wonderful people, combined with the best music I listen to, causes me to feel the very best that I can in that (1) hour of dancing like a maniac and ballerina all at once! Thank you from the bottom of my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome! So glad you take the time to come & dance and add to our positive atmosphere. :)

    ReplyDelete